Hello! Now, I don't go on tumblr nearly as much as I used to but sometimes I log on and go through my page when I'm feeling a bit down or am lacking motivation because I have some pretty good stuff on there that usually does the trick. There is a lot of stigma about negativity on tumblr but in reality if you look in the right places you can find inspirational posts that can change your whole take on everything around you. I gathered some posts from my page and put them together, I hope they improve your life even if it is by drinking more water!
***WARNING TEXT HEAVY***
The first image is a reminder that you need good and bad in your life as that's what life is all about, remember there's always something good in the bad! I love the fact that there are so many people on tumblr with a good sense of humour, the middle image always makes me laugh. 'Let it be' is a good thing to think about when you're worried about something or you're over thinking something, if you put it into perspective with the rest of the universe, as well as the fact that you may have little control over the situation so worrying will get you nowhere. I refer to this quote quite a lot and have even quoted it in conversation before, strive to be excellent!
The first image always makes me giggle :). The middle one is really relevant to me as I am really indecisive about making changes in my life and I will dwell on a problem without trying to actually do anything about it. Okay so the third one sounds negative but it's not for me because I overthink situations in the future which has no purpose as they never go the way you think they're going to anyway so you should save time on the worrying! Finally isn't this the main cause of negativity in a lot of people's minds? And although it's hard just take the motto 'you do you and I'll do me' because you're unique and you need to embrace that.
I love the first one of these, having good thoughts really does change you! The second one is another 'don't dwell on the problem' one, the last paragraph says it all really: 'if you're unhappy with the way you're living your life change it.' The third is pretty much saying: be a more simple person and enjoy the more simple things in life, you'll smile way more!!
I love the top left one because it puts you into a more individual mind set which focuses on you and exactly who YOU are. The bottom left is again very relevant to me as I am completely and utterly notorious for worrying, it takes over who I am, thus doesn't allow me to enjoy things. The third again sounds quite negative but I can assure you that it is encouraging you to go outside of your comfort zone and like Zoella always says: 'say yes' more because if you don't you'll have to live with the fact that you were too scared to say yes, and trust me, that is horrible.
So the loaf says it all really.
The top right is so true, like a previous image said just 'let it be'. The bottom left encourages you to stop worrying and overthinking about the past and future but instead to live in the moment, enjoy and cherish it. And the last well, what can I say?
1. Push yourself to get up before the rest of the world - start with 7am, then 6am, then 5:30am. Go to the nearest hill with a big coat and a scarf and watch the sun rise.
2. Push yourself to fall asleep earlier - start with 11pm, then 10pm, then 9pm. Wake up in the morning feeling re-energized and comfortable.
3. Wrase processed food from your diet. Start with no lollies, chips, biscuits, then erase pasta, rice, cereal, then bread. Use the rule that if a child couldn’t identify what was in it, you don’t eat it.
4. Get into the habit of cooking yourself a beautiful breakfast. Fry tomatoes and mushrooms in real butter and garlic, fry an egg, slice up a fresh avocado and squirt way too much lemon on it. Sit and eat it and do nothing else.
5. Stretch. Start by reaching for the sky as hard as you can, then trying to touch your toes. Roll your head. Stretch your fingers. Stretch everything.
6. Buy a 1L water bottle. Start with pushing yourself to drink the whole thing in a day, then try drinking it twice.
7. Buy a beautiful diary and a beautiful black pen. Write down everything you do, including dinner dates, appointments, assignments, coffees, what you need to do that day. No detail is too small.
8. Strip your bed of your sheets and empty your underwear draw into the washing machine. Put a massive scoop of scented fabric softener in there and wash. Make your bed in full.
9. Organise your room. Fold all your clothes (and bag what you don’t want), clean your mirror, your laptop, vacuum the floor. Light a beautiful candle.
10. Have a luxurious shower with your favourite music playing. Wash your hair, scrub your body, brush your teeth. Lather your whole body in moisturiser, get familiar with the part between your toes, your inner thighs, the back of your neck.
11. Push yourself to go for a walk. Take your headphones, go to the beach and walk. Smile at strangers walking the other way and be surprised how many smile back. Bring your dog and observe the dog’s behaviour. Realise you can learn from your dog.
12. Message old friends with personal jokes. reminisce. Suggest a catch up soon, even if you don’t follow through. Push yourself to follow through.
14. Think long and hard about what interests you. Crime? Sex? Boarding school? Long-forgotten romance etiquette? Find a book about it and read it. There is a book about literally everything.
15. Become the person you would ideally fall in love with. Let cars merge into your lane when driving. Pay double for parking tickets and leave a second one in the machine. Stick your tongue out at babies. Compliment people on their cute clothes. Challenge yourself to not ridicule anyone for a whole day. Then two. Then a week. Walk with a straight posture. Look people in the eye. Ask people about their story. Talk to acquaintances so they become friends.
16. Lie in the sunshine. Daydream about the life you would lead if failure wasn’t a thing. Open your eyes. Take small steps to make it happen for you.
So I know that is super long and no worries if you didn't read it! But I really want to do this, taking control of your own life is really important and this gives you a few steps and guides you to doing this and being a happy independent person. I'm going to print it off and put it up where I can see it in my room so I can begin to be the person I want to be.
I really hope you take something from this post and have a better tomorrow :).
Remember if you want to follow me on tumblr, the link, along with all my other links, is on the right hand side of the page.
Have a fantastic day!
Until next time,